Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Recap.

     I want to think back on the last few months. What has happened in my life, what has changed me for the better, or for the worse. I feel like last year and what has passed of this year has had a huge impact on my life, on the way I see things and where my future is headed.

     Early last year was slow and not much happened. I did a lot of things of with my few close friends over the summer; camping hiking, and a lot of late night "adventures" as we called them.  In July I quit my part time job and started a full time job 50+ miles from my home town. It was a hard and very stressful transition, but I stuck with it. Fall was a bit of a confusing time. My little sister and I shot our first deer during the hunt in October. That same trip we received a call that my Grandma had fallen and was in the hospital. The next couple of weeks were hard on my family. She had been living with us up until then, but she was no longer in  good body or mind shape to stay. They moved her to rest home and she never seemed to get better.  

     Winter came I finally found an apartment, making my move in December. It was lonely, but I found it wasn't as hard I thought it might be. As the year ended, sadly I had lost many of my friends. We fell apart and I feel a lot of it could have been prevented if I had made different choices- but would that have been right? 
     In February, after a lot of searching, I found myself buying a puppy. A pretty little Border Collie/Brittany Spaniel/Shar Pei... mutt! And not long after, in April, a 1984 Chevy longbed. I felt like money wouldn't ever be a problem for me. My rent was low, my pay was good. But I was wrong, I slowly started to drain my money with unexpected expenses and had to learn to start budgeting better. 
     This month itself has been filled with ups and down. My grandma became very ill, and passed only a few weeks ago. I feel like I should be sadder, but I'm not. I think the reason is because it really was her time to pass and I live knowing she is happy with her family and my grandpa. The weather has started clearing, though May is a moody month here in Utah, I can feel summer coming. I'm starting to gain some of my money back and am not scraping for cash anymore. I have begun making amends for the wrongs I've done in the past and I can feel myself growing. Over all, I feel this year will move me forward in my life and give me many new experiences. I'm looking to the future with open arms. 

No comments:

Post a Comment